Oct. 30, 2007- 10 weeks old

Hola! Well, Bella turned ten weeks old yesterday and is growing so fast. She's probably 11 pounds by now. She is grasping things, such as her pacifier and just today, she grabbed Kieran's fingers as his hand was on the railing of the crib. Isabella was in the crib and reached over and grabbed his fingers! Too cute! She's definitely holding her head up very well at this point and is "gooooing" like crazy. She's laughing too! Two weekends ago she started laughing for me as I was blowing bubbles on her belly and then yesterday, she laughed even more when I was holding her.

In addition, she's holding her hands together and from time to time, will hold her bottle. She loves when you talk with her and when you read to her too. She also noticing herself in the mirror more these days and loves taking baths. She loves to kick and splash in the water too!

Kieran and I are doing well and I'm getting A LOT more sleep these days since Isabella has been sleeping through the night. She started "sleeping through the night" at 5 weeks for 5 hours straight. However, just these last couple of weeks she has been sleeping 7-8 hours!!! I'm literally in heaven!haha. She'll have her last feeding at 11pm and then will get up around 7:30 and I'll feed her around 8am. She's been squawking a few times during the night and I'll go in and soothe her. Sometimes she'll take the pacifier and other times she's just squawking in her sleep. Sometimes too I'll just get up to make sure she's okay even though we have the monitor with us upstairs. I'm just paranoid I guess.

In addition, since she's sleeping through the night, she's only taking six feedings a day, which gives me a breather. I'll keep her up a little bit after her 5 naps and then she'll go to sleep. I put her down at the first sign of sleepiness (i.e. yawns, rubbing eyes...) and it's working well. She may cry a bit here and there when I put her down swaddled, but she eventually falls asleep, sometimes with the pacifier. It's funny b/c she'll spit of the pacifier after a bit and you'll hear a "thump" in the monitor from it falling out of her mouth.

Titan is doing well too and loving Isabella!

I'm going back to the gym now for the last two weeks and am loving it. There's a child watch center at the YMCA where I joined and Isabella stays there while I work out. Sometimes she ends up crying after a half hour and others she'll just nap the whole time. I just take advantage of the time and get in as much as I can and check on her periodically. The people are really good with her and are very nice.

Well, that' about it for now. Don't forget to check out our pictures of Bella and Colorado at www.shutterfly.com Sign in with sunflowers00 (those are zeros) and password lasater.

Love,
P, K, I and T

No comments: