Bella is 17 months old today




Hi everyone. Bella turned 17 months old today. Here's a little update on Bella over the last two months....




BEllA TURNED 16 MONTHS OLD DEC. 20
---15 MONTH OLD DEVELOPMENTS:

Hi everyone! Just a little update on Bella over the last month, which flew by. We are back in PA at my parent's house for the holidays and are enjoying our time with our family and friends.

DEVELOPMENTS:
She had her 15 month old doctor's appointment and weighed in at 20 # 8oz (14%), 31 and 3/4 inches long (85%). Doctor said she should be getting 20 oz of milk alone, although I think that sounds like a ton.

Bella has been getting more...hmmm...expressive/vocal I'd say. When she wants something she can't have, she just might let you know that she isn't happy...haha. Sometimes if it's something that she can have, I'll have her ask por favor/please (baby sign) and give me a hug and kiss before I give her it. I speak in Spanish with her too and she knows some body parts in both English and Spanish.

She's also been running very well since we got back for Christmas and loves to spin around when she dances to this Christmas music that plays on this toy my mom has. Bella loves to dance as well and is now dancing back and forth on both feet. Too cute!

Bella started to shake her head "si/yes", trying to say agua, dos and A, B, C, 1, 2,3 . She's also started to say Daddy around this time. Bella can say a ton of words including: Titan, mama, dada, daddy, hi, that, puppy, eyes, ears, no, baby, bye bye, duck, Bella, Rylan (kind of! haha), cracker and started to just say cheese.

Bella knows the sign for thank you now and is getting her 4th molar on the top left. She now has one molar on each side and 4 teeth on top and bottom. Bella is also getting another molar and her right top eye tooth, which isn't very much fun for her.

Bella started to play peek-a-boo and likes to turn around in circles b/c of ring-around-the-rosie, which she loves to play!

Bella got sick at the beginning of Dec with a cough (kind of sounded like a smokers cough) and I gave her some homeopatheic medicine. I swear by the next day, she had improved.

Bella can still be a picky eater, so I have to limit her snacks during the day. She still drinks Organic Whole Milk and loves her yogurt!

THANKSGIVING:
Bella got a dolly stroller from us over Thanksgiving and a new dolly from Grandma Miller as well. Bella wanted to push our big stroller all around Kieran's mother's house and we decided to get her her
own stroller instead. Good idea Mommy and Daddy! haha.

We drove 16 hours up to Winona, MN to spend Thanksgiving with Kieran's mom, step-dad and brother. It was a longgggg drive, but at least Bella got to sleep overnight, unlike Mommy and Daddy. It was very tiring, but worth it. We had a lot of fun and Kieran enjoyed spending time with his family. Bella did have a hard time falling asleep when we left b/c, since she was still rear-facing in her car seat, the lights from the cars and on the highways, were shining in her face. She eventually fell asleep thankfully.

OTHER NEWS:
Bella and I were able to visit friends at the high school I used to work at in Harrisburg, PA. Bella and I left for the east coast (for a 3 week long Christmas break) My friend, Karen and her husband, were so nice to invite us to stay at her house overnight. I used to work with Karen, who is also a Spanish teacher. We spent the day at CD together and the girls had fun hanging out. It was nice to see my friends and co-workers again. It had been over a year since I had seen everyone. At times, I think Bella got a little overwhelmed with meeting so many people. She did well though and loved my friend, Gus! haha. She liked giving his besos! haha.

Katie and Bella loved running around together and Katie loved saying Bella! Too cute! We were also able to see our other good friend, Chrissy, Brad and their little Ethan (FINALLY! haha). He's the next Baby Gap model I swear! It was great to hang out, even if it were for a short period of time. We look forward to hanging out again soon, hopefully!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

BELLA TURNS 17 MONTHS OLD JAN. 20

Over the last month, we spent 3 weeks back east for a long, nice, relaxing Christmas vacation (Bella and I). Kieran joined us on Dec. 23. It was great to see everyone and to spend time catching up. Can't wait to do it again!
---16 MONTH OLD DEVELOPMENTS:
Bella has been running a ton and just keeps better every day. She also loves to dance, clap her hands and stomp her feet. She's also trying to talk more and will just babble and babble with you. She'll come up to me, point and babble. So cute!

Bella loved playing with her cousins Keegan and Mia back home and enjoyed spending time with Grandma and Grandpa. She was able to see her second cousins, great-grandfather and some great-aunt and uncles. It was nice!

Bella also likes to lift up leg for "head, shoulders, knees and toes.." . Thanks Aunt Cathy!

Bella started to say go and stop while she was watching Hip Hop Harry.

Bella is also getting another eye tooth, this being her second, and it's not fun for her obviously. She has 4 molars now, one on each side, four on top and bottom and two eye teeth. She also has a lot of hair at this point, but no hair cut yet.

In regards to eating, she loves blueberries, strawberries, tofu with soy sauce, green beans, peas (loves them!), oranges and salsa! haha. Go figure!

OTHER NEWS:
Well, we are enjoying Colorado and out little Bella. The weather has been amazingly beautiful and I can't wait to go boarding my first time this season. I'm planning a weekend trip with a few girls to the mountains to go boarding and snowshoeing. Should be fun! Daddy will be on his own for the first time in ages...I'm sure he'll have fun, though!

Love,
The Lasaters

No comments: