Hi everyone!! Well, it's been 16 weeks already since little Rowan decided to enlighten our lives and we are enjoying every little waking second with him and our other "little baby", Bella--oh may as well throw our big dog, Titan, in there too! lol.
Check out our pictures and videos (updated):
http://babyisabellaclaire.shutterfly.com/
http://www.onetruemedia.com/my_shared?z=2244fe46b96bf75979d167&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url
Over the past six weeks, Rowan has changed SO much!! He is a laughing machine for starters! Loves loves loves to laugh and now is grabbing his toes! Very cute! He also just loves to suck on his hands, fingers, fists, toys, etc. You name it, he wants it! haha. I'm beginning to wonder if he's teething...EEK! Say it ain't so...lol. In addition, he's trying to roll over. He rolled over onto his back for the first time at six weeks old, but not since then. Yesterday while he was on his play mat, he was trying to roll over, but didn't make it all the way. He also loves to babble with you. He'll try to grab at your face too! Still doesn't have a strong grasp, but I think things will change here with that in the next month....
As of three weeks ago or so, I dropped Rowan's late night feeding at 10p.m. and now he eats last at 8 p.m. and is in bed at 8:30-8:45 p.m. Most of the time he'll sleep until 7-715a.m. and then I'll nurse him. Yep, that's 10.5-11 hours with no nursing and, now, he doesn't strain over night. BIG break through for mommy Lasater! He has strained over night from day one and it's very hard to watch your baby in discomfort--plus, very tiring for both of us. Now, he'll sleep straight through, although the last two mornings he's been straining to go the bathroom/pass gas around 5a.m. I continue doing bicycles and rubbing his tummy and that seems to help most of the time. Rowan gets 5 feedings during the day now (down from 10-12 as a newborn!!!) and has 4 naps.
I took Rowan to the pediatrician's office the other day to get a rectal exam. I was told some babies have trouble going to the bathroom b/c the sphincter muscle down there is too tight. However, Rowan's seems to be normal. The doctor then suggested a barium enema and xray, which I'm not going to do right now. I'm looking into other non-invasive procedures first. I don't know if the straining is just b/c Rowan is young and his system needs time to mature, but I can't just sit around and wait. I need to see if there really is something wrong and try to help my poor baby not strain so much. I may opt to do a whole body nervous system scan or see a specialist. I'm going to talk to pediatric nurse first and then take it from there.
Well, as for Bella, she is THREE now and has a little princess bike with training wheels--a helmet too of course. She loves it, although hasn't quite grasped the concept of pushing the wheels forward to make the bike go. She likes to just hit the brakes! haha. I turned 34 as well and spent the day at a ritzy-upscale resort in Colorado Springs called the Broadmoor. Amazing is all I have to say! Kieran had a conference there and we spent some time together with the kids there. It was a nice way to spend a birthday for sure.
Well, I have to say that I'm so glad that Bella is the age she is. She is SUCH a great helper!! She'll get me diapers, wipes, clothes, etc. She'll even let me know when Rowan is crying (as if I can't hear him...too funny!). She'll even try to give him a pacifier if I can't get to him in time or she'll use the knuckle of her finger to soothe him. She's amazing and a delight to have in our lives!
Cathy, Josh and company were here two weeks ago and we LOVED having them here! Bella had a blast with her cousins and we only wished they lived closer--maybe someday.... Also, a friend of ours from PA, Josh Waller, was here visiting as well. The boys got a chance to have a night out as well as us moms! A much much much--did I say "much"? NEEDED night out! LOL!
Well, that's about it for now. It's amazing how BUSY you become with two kiddos, but I love it. I love staying-at-home with them and watching them grow and learn new things. I love knowing that I won't miss out on their "firsts" and know that I'm one of the lucky moms out there. I don't care if I had to live on food stamps, I'd stay home with them for anything.....
I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the end of summer. I can tell fall is on its way--cool mornings, cooler evenings, leaves dancing in the air, a cool mountainy breeze...gotta love the fall!
Until next time--enjoy!
Love,
The Lasaters
No comments:
Post a Comment