Well, today I had my week 40 doc appointment and no news really. I have not dilated yet, I've gained almost 2 pounds and my blood pressure was good. They did a non-stress test on the baby for almost an hour. The baby wouldn't cooperate, so that's why it took so long. They made me flip on my side, instead of being on my back, and also gave me a capri sun to drink (b/c of the sugar content..guess it's supposed to help the baby "cooperate" and it did). I passed the test thankfully. It was pretty neat to hear the baby's heartbeat and feel it moving around. I'll have another non-stress test Friday, if I don't go into labor before that. Then, if nothing happens before Sunday, a week after my due date, they'll try to induce me at 6 p.m.
Kieran and I are VERY excited. We've been taking advantage of our "free" time and getting things organized around the house and enjoying some nights out together. We've had an adventurous and wonderful six years together, just the two of us, so now we are ready to bring on the baby!
We'll keep you updated on any news though.
Have a great day!
Love,
Patsy
No comments:
Post a Comment