Well, Kieran and I were talking about the induction and decided that we want to wait on it to see if the baby will come on its own. No sense in rushing things if there's not a dire need. So, I'll have another regular checkup on Monday and then another next Friday, where they'll do a stress test on the baby. If nothing happens by next Sunday night the 19th (a week from my due date) they'll induce at that time. However, we're hoping that it doesn't have to come to that point. The doctor said they don't like to go too far past the due date because of complications with the placenta. She said if they do, the patient just has to be aware that there may be issues.
The medicine that I thought the doctor will use for the induction is not Cytotec, thankfully. After reading about it, Kieran and I decided not to use it. The medicine starts with a "P" and it's not Pitocin. I can't think of it right now, but it helps to soften the cervix. It won't induce me. Afterwards, they'll administer the Pitocin.
So, keep your fingers crossed that the baby comes without me being induced. I have a feeling it will. My belly has dropped a bit this week too, so it's exciting. We'll keep you updated on things. Kieran and I are trying to find a boy's name now (Now...haha) and have a couple of girl's names in mind.
Well, have a good night!
Love,
Patsy
No comments:
Post a Comment