Oct. 2, 2007

She's six weeks old today and growing like a weed. She's already nine pounds as of last week. She's doing well and actually slept seven STRAIGHT hours the other night. Unfortunately, it hasn't been consistent. However, she's been sleeping 4.5 hours at night before she gets up whereas before it was three.

I'm doing well and have my six week checkup tomorrow. I feel good and have been walking at a nearby park. My incision is still sore but a whole lot better than six week ago for sure. I'm having major issues breastfeeding though. My nipples are EXTREMELY painful!!!! It's so bad that I had to stop nursing and just pump instead. I was on the verge of crying honestly. I'd cringe every time I'd put her to my breast. I spoke with the head nurse at the hospital where I delivered (I wanted to speak to the lactation consultant, but she had already left for the day) and she thinks that I may have a yeast infection. I have to talk to my doc tomorrow and then, if need be, call the lactation consultant. I need to figure out what's going on and hope that it's an easy fix. Kieran's doing well also and is enjoying being a dad. He looks forward to daddy time when he gets home from work.

Isabella's smiling a ton now and can definitely recognize us. I taught her how to stick out her tongue (haha) and I just started reading to her. She's making cooing sounds and is sooo cute. Cathy gave me a ton of clothes so I haven't had to buy her anything yet.

That's a quick update. All is well here in Colorado. It's beautiful here! It's getting cooler now that fall is here. However, winter is right around the corner and I'm sure it's going to get a ton colder. The mountains had snow this past weekend and the weatherman said it's possible that the Denver area may get some by the end of the work week!!! Yikes! It's supposed to get down to the low 30's at night. We had to put our heat on a few weeks ago. However, lately it's been in the 70-80s. We're enjoying living here and are excited to raise Isabella here.

Well, don't work too hard. It's weird not seeing all of you on a daily basis. I do miss teaching in a way, but am so happy that I'm able to stay at home with my little chica. It's hard work and harder than I thought. It's challenging as well, but so worth it in the end. It's fun too and exciting to see her develop.

We will be home on Thanksgiving break and I'm hoping that I can visit you guys. When do the kids have Thanksgiving break? Hopefully I'll get to see you and you'll finally be able to meet Isabella. I've attached a cute pic of her. Enjoy!

No comments: