Sept. 18, 2007 Four weeks old

Hi everyone! Just wanted to send a little update on our little family. We are doing well and adjusting to being parents. We are loving it, although I'm still a bit sleep deprived. On the weekends, Kieran helps out with the feedings so I can catch up on my sleep. During the week, Kieran offers to help, but I usually don't wake him up since he has to actually go into work and be productive.

She had her second doc appointment two weeks ago and she weighed 7 pounds 1.5 oz and was 20.5 inches long. She definitely hit a growth spurt around that time b/c two weeks prior to that, she left the hospital weighing 6 pounds 2 oz. I guess she's supposed to gain an ounce a day and now, she's probably close to eight pounds by the way she's been chowing down!haha. I also had a doc appointment two weeks ago and all is well. I am still a bit sore here and there and still need to be careful. At that appointment, I had lost about 20 pounds already! My belly is definitely shrinking by the day and I can't wait to get back into the gym to work on the rest of my body...haha. I still have to wear my pregnancy clothes, although I did fit into one of my pre-pregnancy shirts. Most of them are too tight and too short right now, but it's not a big deal. It'll take time to come off just as it took nine months to put on (hopefully not that long to come off..haha).

I stay downstairs with the baby in the nursery during the week while Kieran stays upstairs in our room. I told him at least one of us will get some sleep!haha. It's easier for me to be near her for our fun "middle of the morning" nursing sessions..haha. She nurses about eight times a day and then I have to supplement after each feeding b/c she's still hungry. She's very satisfied afterwards and wants to pass out and go to sleep. I try to keep her awake, though, to get her on a three-hour nursing schedule. It works for the most part. However, this week she's been hungry more so than before (and feeding quite often) and taking in more so than before. We think she hit another growth spurt. The other morning, within like an hour and a half, she drank about six ounces of milk and didn't spit up an ounce!!! She's also has been cranky this week and we think it's due to gas. We're going to give her some medicine to see if it helps.

We've taken her on a couple of small hikes in the mountains and I carry her in my Baby-Bjourn carrier. She goes right to sleep too. She loves to be moving and always passes out in the car. I've taken her to the grocery store and we've taken her for little walks around our neighborhood. She loves it.

Usually she only gets up once in the middle of the morning to eat, but this week she's been off. Last night she got up twice and was cranky. Her last feeding is usually around 11p.m. and her morning feeding is usually around 6ish. She'll get up around 3a.m. for her middle of the morning snack. I'm getting used to her schedule, although I can't wait for her to sleep through the night..haha. It's all worth it in the end though. She's just too cute! It's hard to believe that she's ours!

We are definitely enjoying our little Bella and Kieran looks forward to spending time with her when he gets home from work. Titan loves Bella too! When I have her in her baby papasan swing, Titan will lay down besides it as if he's keeping an eye on her. It's too cute. We can't wait to go home and introduce her to everyone. We'll be in again during Thanksgiving and look forward to seeing some of you. We'll be getting Bella baptized along with Cathy's baby, Keegan.

Well, we hope you are all doing well. We've attached 3 pics of Isabella (taken within the last week I believe) and a picture of the beautiful mountains we saw this past weekend. It's really gorgeous here now with the aspens changing colors and the weather getting cooler. Fall is definitely around the corner. Enjoy!

Love,
Patsy, Kieran, Isabella, and Titan

P.S. Thanks, Mom C for the cool pink stuffed animal! How cute is the picture?!

No comments: