I'm still a bit sore, but getting better daily. It is amazing how little my belly looks now compared to before! Go breastfeeding!haha. As of last Tuesday I lost about 20 pounds and that was only two weeks later. I still have a little pudgy belly and I can't wait to get back into the gym. I think I have to wait another month though.
Speaking of breastfeeding....my boobs were so sore in the beginning and my left nipple had been sore since last week, but is getting better. I don' think she was latching on right. She is still hungry after I nurse on each side for 15 mins, so we have to supplement. She drinks anywhere from a half an ounce to an ounce or so of formula. The first couple of weeks she wanted to nurse like every hour and a half to two hours and my boobs got so sore. Now, I've been keeping her awake after I feed and then she falls asleep sometime later. If I do that, she'll feed every three hours.
I am getting used to being sleep deprived. Kieran helps out on the weekends by taking over the mid of the morning feeding. I try to pump so he can just give her the breast milk, but I don't get very much when I pump, so we end up using formula anyways.
Kieran's mom was here for two weeks and was a big help. She left last weekend and we've been on our own ever since!haha. My mom may come out in a few weeks or so. She had replacement knee surgery just before Isabella was born and is limited as to what she can do. My dad's work may send him to Utah next month for work and he'll come to visit if they send him there. It'll be nice b/c the next time we are home won't be until Thanksgiving. I was hoping to go home next month, but Kieran doesn't have any time off and he already took off a week when Isabella was born.
Well, I miss everyone and miss hanging out with you guys. I'll never shop the same at Ann Taylor again!haha. Hopefully all is well and be sure to tel everyone at work hi. I hope to see you guys when we come in. When is your brother's wedding again? Hopefully not around Thanksgiving. Cathy and I are going to get the babies baptized then and you guys will of course be invited.
No comments:
Post a Comment