
Well, Isabella got her first cold during week 26 and it was a rude awakening. She got up after I put her down a few hours later and I had a hard time putting her back down the first night. She was so congested and had a bad cough. This was when Cathy, Josh and the kids were visiting too. Anyways, she got up in the middle of the morning and wouldn't go back down, so I ended up feeding her. I also ended up putting her in her car seat and I slept on the couch (Gosh, how did I do back during the first week! It was definitely a shock to my body!haha). I think it helped for her to be upright so all the mucus flowed down. This happened a couple of times this week and she also started to get up earlier in the morning since she had been sick. She got up b/w 430-530am, when she would usually sleep longer, maybe until 6-630.
We started giving her nasal drops and I took her in the shower with me. I sat on the bath tub too and Bella and I soaked up the steam from the hot shower. Boy, did that work!! We also put baby Vick Rub on her chest. We felt so bad for her. There wasn't much else we could do for her, but just pray that she'd get better soon. It took over a week for her cold to be totally gone and by that time, Mommy and Daddy had it. It took Mommy almost two weeks to get rid of her cold and congestion completely. No fun.
During week 27 and 28, Bella continued to get up early like she had done when she was sick. The earliest she got up was about 250am!!! EEKK! It ranged b/w 250am and 4am and I just ended up feeding her. She wouldn't take the pacifier and would just cry if I tried to console her or walk around with her. Currently, I'm trying to keep her on less and less each time and feeding her longer at her last nursing session at 730pm. I'm hoping this is a growth spurt, so I'll keep you posted.
Otherwise, we had a great visit with the Carrolls and Bella loved playing with her cousins, Keegan and Mia. It was nice to hang out with Cathy and Josh again. We miss them and hope someday soon they'll be our neighbors =)))))
No comments:
Post a Comment