
Isabella had her six month appointment last week and weighs in at 13# 8oz and is only in the 8th percentile. She's I believe 26.25 inches long and is in the 70th percentile for length. Also, her head circumference measures 16 3/8 and is in the 25th percentile.
As far as developments, she took her FIRST crawling step yesterday. Yep, she lifted her little tush up in the air and brought her knees forward and actually moved forward! Kieran saw a little bit of it too when he got home from work. We better watch out now! She's also holding herself up on her elbows as of a couple of weeks ago and can sit up by herself for a good 30 seconds or so. She still topples over afterwards.
She's also holding on to a sippy cup now, the one with handles. She even sucked on the spout. Too cute! Also, she's been saying da da da and ma ma. I haven't heard the "ma ma" yet, as that was at the gym. The child care worker felt bad when she told me that she said ma ma and I wasn't there to hear yet. She hasn't see it yet, but I'll keep you posted.
She's eating bananas now and sometimes I'll mix it up with her cereal. She loves it!
Cathy, Josh and the kids were here for a week last week and we had a blast. It was nice to have Mia, Keegan and Bella all together. Hopefully someday we'll all be by each other!
Isabella has been sick with a cold since last week and now I have it. She's very congested and has a bad cough. I put some Vicks Vapor Rub on her chest at night and we put saline drops in her nose. I also bring her in the shower and the boogers come streaming out. Hopefully she gets better soon. Two nights last week she got up in the middle of the night and I had to feed her. That was the first time I had to to do that since she was about eight weeks old. I think it just helped to wash down the mucus junk. One night we had to put her in the car seat b/c she wouldn't sleep otherwise. I think it helped her being elevated.
Speaking of sleeping, Bella still only naps in her car seat during the day. She usually only take two naps around 10ish and 2ish, depending on when she wakes up in the morning. Today, she woke up at 410am, and other times she wakes up around 5-530am. I'll feed her cereal sometime after she gets up and then again around 630pm. I'll give her a bath every other day and give her the last feeding around 720-730pm, so she's in bed around 8pm.
Bella likes to curl up in the left corner of her crib at night. She loves to also sleep on her tummy. At first we were a bit skeptical as to whether or not we should leave her on her tummy. However, we have the Angel Care Sensor Pad in her crib and what peace of mind that gives us. It'll start beeping when it detects no movement in the crib. It's the best! We don't have to keep going in to check on her, even though I still sometimes do.
Well, that's about it. Isabella and I are hoping to go home next month to see everyone. We haven't been home since Thanksgiving, so it'll be nice to visit with the family and friends. Colorado is beautiful to say the least and we've been having gorgeous weather. We'll get a few inches of snow here and there, but nothing major. The mountains, however, get slammed with snow! When Cathy was here, we went boarding at Copper Mountain and the men stayed at home with the babies. They had quite an experience to say the least. Then the next day, the men went and we stayed at home with the babies. We also went to the aquarium with the kids and went for a walk over to Wash Park, a HUGE park near our house. It was a fun visit with the Carrolls!
Hope you are all well! Keep in touch...
Love,
The Lasaters
No comments:
Post a Comment