Week 23.5


Isabella is starting to sit on her own, but still needs help. She can may be last thirty seconds until she topples over..too cute! She is also starting to "scoot" her butt up in the air and move her knees as if to crawl..but no crawling yet. We'll keep practicing. She's growing though I'm not sure how many pounds she is. She might be like 13 and a half or so..maybe 14 by now. Was 12 # and 1.5 oz beginning of December. She has her six month checkup at the end of Feb. It def is an exciting and fun stage! I'm loving being a Mom..it's a ton of fun. Although, Bella is waking up much earlier than she had back in December, which was about 730am when I would breastfeed her. She'd squawk here and there around 6-630am but would fall back to sleep either on her own or with a paci.

Then around the start of Jan she was getting up at 630 am and staying up and for the past couple of weeks or so, she's been waking up at 530am! I'm not sure why. Sometimes I can rock her back to sleep and others I'll just end up feeding her. Today she woke up at 415am!! EEK! The one common denominator is that she is on her tummy in the morning when she starts crying and it seems she's trying to roll back over, but just can't. She's rolled back onto her tummy from her back before, but recently she just seems to not be able to do it. So, I roll her back over, but the crying continues. Also, for the past few weeks she has been straining a ton and I find her doing that when she gets up so early. Since she's been getting up earlier, she naps longer...but not in her crib. She still fights her naps in her crib (and just in general) and I'll end up putting her in the carseat where she'll nap for at least an hour, unlike the crib. She just will cry and cry in the crib and maybe it's too bright in there. When I put her in the car seat, I drape a blanket over it to make it dark and she'll eventually fall asleep, sometimes with the paci. I'll take whatever works and especially if it'll help her to nap longer.

Bella also started saying "da da da" this week around Tuesday.

Otherwise, all is well here in CO. We got about three inches of snow last night. It's so pretty! We'll we are loving Isabella and are having so much fun with her, esp feeding her solids. She'll reach for the spoon and feed herself! Too cute! She'll even get excited when she sees me making the food and make little noises when she wants more. Amazing!

Well have a good day!
Patsy

No comments: