Week 20-23

Well, Isabella's growing like a weed and is now eating solids. We started her on it Jan. 17, 2008 (21.5 weeks) and she really didn't care for it that much. Then we mixed bananas with it ans she seemed to like it a little bit, but still not much. The next day I pureed bananas and mixed it with the cereal and she wanted it! She'll reach for the spoon and put it in her mouth too! We, however, decided to hold off on the fruits and do some veggies first. So, I pureed sweet potatoes and zuchinni squash and froze the left overs in ice cube trays for later use. She likes the squash, but I think she likes sucking on the padded spoon more! I'm starting to give her solids two times a week now, once in the morning and once in the evening.

Lately she won't nap in her crib, but in her car seat! She will fight and fight her morning nap and I she'll just cry and cry in the crib. Then, one day I tried putting her in the carseat and she took the pacifier and fell asleep for much longer (one hour) than she had done in the crib. Whatever works! She usually takes two naps a day now and the second is usually in her car seat as well as I am on the way home from the gym.

Isabella has been waking up a lot earlier than she had been a few weeks ago. Now she wants to get up and eat at 6:30am instead of 7:30am. She'd usually stir around 6:30am, but then either take the pacifier and go back to sleep or just fall back to sleep on her own. However, she won't take the pacifier any longer during this period and I'll just end up feeding her. She's usually in bed around 8pm, so 10.5 hours is still great! Today (Jan. 25) she woke up at 5am, crying on her tummy. I rolled her over, but she still cried. I think she had has or had to poop. I ended up putting her in the baby bjourn and she fell asleep eventually for a half hour and then ate at 6:30am. Clockwork!

Since Sunday the 19th, she rolls over onto her tummy after I put her down to sleep for the night about 8pm. She'll stay like that too the whole night. We were iffy about keeping her like that, but she enjoys it and can roll over and move her head about. We also have the Angel Care Monitor Systme with the Sensor Pad. It's the best thing ever and it gives us peace of mind. The sensor will beep if it doesn't read any movement (breathing) in the crib. We swear by it!

Also, Bella has been having a hard time with pooping and with gas for the last few weeks. I do bicycle motions with her legs and every now and then will give her some pear juice. It takes a while for that to work though. She'll go 2-3 days without a poop too! I think her poops starting dying down around the 3 month mark, but she wasn't this bad with trying to poop. Sometimes too when she's nursing, she'll go on and off b/c she's trying to pass gas/poop and she can't do both at once. It'll start to hurt and then sometimes I'll end up topping her off with formula.

Now-a-days Bella will make little noises if her toys fall out of her reach or if Mommy or Daddy walks away. She also likes to reach for things and loves shaking rattles or other toys that make noise. She's starting to sit up these days, but we still have to support her a bit. She can sit up on her own for maybe 30 seconds at a time. It's too cute! She also likes to take a bath on her baby sling and splash around in the tub.

When she's in her bouncy chair, she now will sometimes lean forward as if to grab maybe a toy that fell. Her stomach muscles are very strong now. Even on the changing table, she squirms around a lot. She's at that stage where she loves to squirm, where it be in your arms, in the chair, on the changing table. She wants to move and I think this is a precursor to crawling!! EEKK.
Speaking of...she started scooting her butt up in the air a few days ago when I put her on the futon. It's too adorable!! She still love tummy time too and has such a strong neck.

Well, that's about it for now. Bella is such a blessing and we are loving every second with her =-)

No comments: