
Isabella is doing well, as is Mommy and Daddy. She's probably about 15# and some by now (at 7 mts she weighed 14# 11.5oz). She'll be eight months in three days! Time is really flying by.

I've started to get her in bed by 7:15 as she is just soooo tired by 7pm when I had started to feed her the last feeding up until a couple of days ago. I moved her 5-530pm feeding to the morning before she goes down for her first nap and so far so good.
For the last couple of months, Bella has been getting up realllyyyy early. She had been sick mid Feb and I had to feed her in the mid of the night for the first time since she was like eight weeks old!! She was all congested and didn't know enough to breathe through her nose. It prob felt good to swallow milk to wash down the mucus. Anyways, when she got better she was stillll waking up in the mid of the night and I fed her in the beginning, but then she started to take the pacifier and would fall asleep in her car seat (oh btw, she only naps in her car seat these days..too funny!). The other night I started to top her off with formula after her last feeding and she slept til 5-530am two night in a row! Then, just when I thought things were getting better, she wakes up at 330am and I couldn't get her back to sleep and ended up feeding her at 415am. So, hopefully this is just a phase. I miss those 630am wake ups! Never mind 330am!EEK...she's too cute though and it's all worth it =-)
Bella is still scooting her butt up in the air and is trying to crawl, but just ends up on her belly squirming like a worm. Too cute! Her latest thing now is to get on her belly and lean on one arm and look around or grab what ever is near her. Also, she will pull down a side of the bumper in her crib and peek through the opening of the crib rails. It's hilarious! She is also talking a lot or at least trying. She says Da Da Da a ton and I'm still waiting to hear Ma Ma Ma. She has said it in the past, but both times I missed it.
Bella is not nursing quite as long as she used to. Back in let's say January, she'd nurse for 40 mins at a time and now that she's on solids for a couple of months now, she's only nursing for 10-20 minutes. Most of the time the early morning and last feedings are the longest, maybe 30 minute. Otherwise, I'm lucky if she stays on for ten minutes. I tried feeding her some formula afterwards and sometimes the little stinker will take a couple of ounces. I think she might be trying to wean herself. Not sure though. She may prefer the faster flow the bottle's nipple than mine.
Bella and I took a trip back east to see Cathy in DE and we went to visit my parents for Linda's 26th Bday. It was fun! Bella had fun with cousins Keegan and Mia. However, she didn't have so much fun on the way back to CO on the plane going up. She wouldn't take a pacifier or the cold formula and it took forever for the attendant to heat up the milk. They say to have the baby suck on something as you take off and land, but Bella was just crying and crying. I think the pressure on her ears did it and she was really tired. Her crying bout went on for what seemed like an eternity (maybe ten mins) and she'd throw her head back so I couldn't nurse her. Finally, I was able to nurse her and she slept and nursed forever. Everything was fine thereafter and thankfully I had baby people around me to and from the east coast. On the way to PA/DE, Bella cried here and there only b/c she was tired and eventually fell asleep in my Baby Bjourn.
Bella is now eating in her high chair and looks too adorable in it. She loves her applesauce, mango, sweet potatoes, squash, apricots and doesn't really care for the green stuff!haha. She will eat about 6 oz of solids a day, maybe a bit more. I don't really keep track, but we've been buying the commercial baby food and she went to town on 2 packages of apricots the other day. Cathy and I usually puree the food for the babies.
In Re: to napping, she is still taking two naps, sometimes three. It just depends how early she gets up and how long she naps. I tried to get her to nap in her crib the other day, but she just wouldn't and was getting so tired of being up. So, I put her in her car seat and she instantly fell asleep. Guess I'm just going to go with what works for now.
Oh another thing, Bella is up on her elbows and her knees now probably since we've visited Cathy. I've been teaching her how to get up on her elbows and she's doing it on her own now and rocking back and forth. Also, Bella loved cousin Keegan's jumperoo so Mommy bought her one for $25 (great deal!) on Craigs list. She loves jumping in it!! She also has an exersaucer that I bought (again for $25ish off of Craigs list) and she enjoys that as well. Anything to keep her occupied.
Well, hope all is well and pics and videos will be on the way shortly =-)
No comments:
Post a Comment