

Well, it is really hard to believe that Bella is nine months old! She is just an amazing little baby, who is always just so happy. Kieran and I are loving parenthood and enjoy every little second with her.
Sleeping:
In regards to sleeping, Mommy's 8 hours of unbroken sleep have come to a tearful end. Since April 17, she has been getting up anywhere from 2-4 times in the morning and I just end up nursing her. She will even root for my boob! That little stinker is hungry, well most of the time I figure. At first I thought it was a growth spurt, but since it has last so long, now I'm thinking it's teething. Her gums are a swollen and she's drooling and chewing on things. I'll give her a teething tablet here and there too, if she takes it. Not sure if they help or not, but it's worth a shot.
As you can imagine, going from getting a solid nights sleep to big time broken sleep cold turkey is taking a toll on Mommy. I'm exhausted by the time dinner rolls around. I swear I feel like it's week one all over again! I take one nap during the morning and that's basically all I have time for. I could use more for sure, but I just suck it up and deal. Kieran helps out on the weekends when Bella gets up for good after her 3rd or 4th morning feeding, which is usually around 630ish. I'll sleep in a bit, which definitely helps. I'm just hoping that one night she'll be back to sleeping from 8-4 or even better, 8-6! That hasn't happened for a long time, but I'm holding out hope =-)
Developments:
As far as developments, Bella is army crawling a ton and is practicing getting up on her hands and knees. I'm giving her a ton more floor time now ( I just lay down a ton of blankets b/c of our hard, unforgiving wooden floors) so it's giving her a lot more practice. She is also sitting up well, but will still fall over eventually. She's getting better though day by day. She can also work her way up into a sitting position from leaning over. Too cute! She just started doing that about a week ago.
Also, she can hold onto something while standing for a little bit. I'm there holding her though. I'm also teaching her how to take steps while I hold her hands. It's too cute!! I just starting doing this a couple of weeks ago and she loves it. She also still likes to clap mommy's or daddy's hands together.
Bella loves to make zerbert noises and even did it in church! Too funny! In addition, if you hand Bella something and ask for it back while opening your hand, she'll put it in your hand! She just started doing this maybe a week or two ago. She will also put things into like a bucket and take them out. She also lovesss books and anything electronic! Maybe she'll take after her Uncle Josh Carroll!
Eating:
Bella is eating three solids and some finger foods now. She starts squealing when she wants what mommy and daddy have on their plate, so we give her little pieces of our food and she loves it. She likes applesauce, pears, blueberries and likes squash and sweet potatoes, even though recently she really didn't want sweet potatoes. She likes to chew on the baby teething biscuits and star puffs. She loves to pick up the pieces of food with her forefinger and thumb. Too cute!
So, all is well with us here in Colorado. We are loving being out west again and love taking weekend trips to the mountains with Bella and Titan. It is just amazing out here and we are very lucky to have had this opportunity to move out here to beautiful CO!
Love,
The Lasaters
No comments:
Post a Comment