

Today is Bella's 10 month birthday, if you can believe that! It's really hard for us to believe that she is two months shy of being one year old!
SLEEPING:
Well, I have good news! For the past 4 nights, Bella has not been nursing in the middle of the night like she has been since April 17! I think it was Monday night when I heard her cry while we were sleeping upstairs and I usually just turn off the monitor and bring it with me downstairs. This time, however, I accidentally turned the volume down and fell back to sleep! OOPS! When I woke up (prob less than five mins later), I turned the volume back up and she was letting out little cries here and there. So, as I made my way down the stairs, she stopped crying! I waited b/c I thought God was maybe playing a trick on me (LOL), but she continued to sleep! First time I didn't have to nurse her! I stayed downstairs in the nursery b/c I thought it was too good to be true. Then, around her usual 2am nursing session, she started to cry again and I let her go. It wasn't anything major and she stopped after about a few mins or so and went back to sleep! Ok, this is too good to be true! No nursing both times!!!
Well, it ends up that she slept til 530am from about 845ish w/o being nursed! I definitely felt better sleep wise than I have been feeling in the last two months. Sleep deprivation was getting to me and I knew something had to be done in regards to getting her back on track and not nursing mid morning. I'm not sure I would have been able to take the iniative, so it's good that I accidentally turned the volume down on the monitor. It gave me a jump start which I needed.
So, last night was night four w/o nursing mid night and so far so good. She's slept til 610 am today and 630am the other morning, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Mommy sees the light at the end of the tunnel thankfully and looks forward to saying goodbye to broken sleep!lol.
EATING:
Well, Bella doesn't like to eat my pureed foods or ones from the store. She will eat baby yogurt and anything that we ate! Picky eater...takes after Daddy maybe?! I'm also feeding her every four hours like I have been for ages now. She'll get in 4-5 feedings now that she's not waking up mid morning and 3 solids (mainly yogurt and bits and pieces of what we eat).
DEVELOPMENTS:
Bella has been pulling up on things for the past month and is standing up in her crib for the past week or so. She sits up extremely well w/o falling over and loves to army crawl across the floor. She will get up on her hands and knees and crawl for a couple of steps, but prefers to crawl on her belly. She also likes to hold our hands and practice walking. In addition, she is starting to babble as if she is trying to say something. Sounds like she is saying gobble, gobble, gobble! lol.
Also, Bella has four teeth now! Her fourth tooth just broke through I think last night it came through and the other three have popped through in the last few weeks. Too cute!
LIVING IN COLORADO:
Well, the weather is beautiful out here and the mountains are still snow capped! What a sight to see for sure. We are enjoying our weekend hikes in the mountains and love spending time with Bella ...oh and Titan too of course! We love it here in CO and can't wait for more ppl to come and visit so you can see why we fell in love with it =-)
Love,
The Lasaters
No comments:
Post a Comment