Bella is 25 months-28 months old =-))) FALL 09

Hi family and friends! Well, our little "baby" is growing up so fast, it's really hard to believe. So cliche, I know, but the truth. Sometimes we wish we could just stop time and really take it all it. She's almost 2.5 years old! Where does the time go...?

Well, since Bella turned two in August 09, her vocabulary and speech has just been increasing each day! It's like talking to a little adult now! haha. Her vocab is not perfect, but she makes sentences and sometimes leaves out little two or three letter words. She talks constantly and loves to make conversation! Her new thing now is asking, "Why?" over and over and over again! haha.

In September, we moved to our new house in the mountains and Bella loves to go for walks and hikes around the property, as does Titan, of course. We also found out we're pregnant and due in May. In October, we spent Halloween night with our friends in our old neighborhood and Bella went as a fairy and loved getting candy! In November, we spent Turkey Day with my family back east and I was able to see a lot of friends and family. Bella loved playing with her cousins, Mia and Keegan and loved seeing Grandpa and Grandma and everyone else! Then, in December, we spent Christmas with Kieran's family in AZ and drove 19 hrs there and 17 hrs on the way back. Longggg drive, but Bella did great! Thanks to the DVD player from Grandma Manarchuck, toys and snacks. Bella loved playing with her other cousins Elena, Zen, Micah and Abrielle. They had a blast together!

Bella still loves to play with puzzles and play doh, color, draw and now she just loves to play with her Thomas the chu-chu train! Cathy's son, Keegan, loves them too and, when we visited them over Thanksgiving, Isabella found a new toy: trains! My mom bought her a train set with more trains and Kieran's sister bought her another train set. So cool!

Bella has been getting her two-year old molars in, so her gums have been bothering her. She just likes to chew on things, so we didn't even know she was getting them b/c it really hasn't affected her that much. She just started to knaw on her fingers a lot and that's when we noticed her two molars coming in.

Besides all the above, Bella probably weighs about 28 pounds (I really don't know, just guessing) and is now in her new converted toddler bed as of five days ago. It's taking time to adjust to, but she's getting the hang of it. She's been getting up b/w 530am and 6am, though, and coming in our room. The door to her room doesn't shut period, so she can come and go now. Oh joy! haha. It was tough to get her to nap and to go to bed the first couple of nights and she would scream and bang on the door, as I tried to hold it shut. I found that she needs to be really tired when we put her down to bed/nap b/c she'll fuss a lot less. Also, if I distract her when I start to leave by maybe talking to her about Titan or just something funny, she'll focus on that and not on the new bed. That's what I did today for her nap and it worked like a charm, then again, she was very tired. She got up at 610am (ish) and napped at 130ish. Anyways, so far so good. Fingers crossed!!!

All in all, we're all doing well and enjoying our pleasant, little toddler. She's just too cute with the things she says and does. The other day she showed me her arms and said, "I strong!" haha. Then, a week or so ago she brought me an empy pizza box I had laying by the garbage and said, "No pizza here mama!" haha. It's amazing what comes out of her mouth =-) Bella is also very excited about her new baby brother (yep, it's a boy!). I think she's going to be a great big sister!


No comments: