Weeks 18.5- 22.5 weeks- (4 months old) Sept-Oct





WOW is all I have to say! Rowan is almost a half of a year old. Wasn't I just in the hospital delivering him? Didn't I just bring him home? Tear tear. I sometimes wish time would slow down so I could enjoy these baby days just a little bit longer. I'm enjoying it though. Rowan is such a happy baby, when he's not straining that is. Bella just loves to help Mommy with Rowan too. What a great big sister she is!

Bella is growing like a weed! She's in preschool two times a week half-a-day and loves it! She's recognizing letters A-D and numbers 1-4. She can also recognize her name as well. It's so great for her to get this interaction and socialization. She needs it at this age for sure.

Bella's speech is amazing. She comes up with the cutest things to say and sometimes just cracks me up. What's not cute is her getting up at the CRACK of dawn. Good thing, most of the time, I am a morning person =-)

Bella still loves to color, draw, do puzzles and play with her plastic animal figurines. She's such a help with Rowan too. Thank God I waited to have them this far apart. I can't imagine having them closer in age. I think I'd go crazy...lol.

As for Rowan, he's been rolling over, talking up a storm, sucking his toes,blowing zerberts, making noises with his tongue, grabbing at everything and eating solids now! We started solids a few weekends ago thinking it would help with his chronic straining. I haven't noticed a difference, but then again I haven't been consistent with solid feedings everyday. He seems to like the solids too. The doctor told us to start off with oatmeal, prunes, or sweet potatoes for starters. We chose prunes and Rowan grabbed the spoon instantaneously and put it in his mouth. He opened his mouth too! Luckily, we got it on video!

Rowan is down to four feedings a day as of last month. He can stay up for 2 hours or so after he eats and then will nap for 1.5-2 hrs afterward and he doesn't eat overnight since eight weeks old. He usually will get up mid morning and talk to himself. This is his new thing. It's either talking or straining now that will wake him up mid morning. It's right about 3-5am when I'll hear him babbling in the monitor. It can go on and on, so I will go in and try to give him the pacifier or I'll change his diaper. Sometimes a diaper change works like magic!

At his doctor's appointment a few weeks ago, he was 13# 6 oz and now he's prob at least #14. He reminds me so much of Bella at this age. You can definitely tell that they are brother and sister.

In regards to Rowan's straining, it's still present. I just recently tried to give him formula of a week and I made it to day six and decided that it wasn't the answer. He wasn't straining hardly for several days, but while feeding he would throw his head back and arch his back cuz he needed to go #2. This would cause him to not take a full feeding. Then on day 5 the straining started up again and the morning of day 6, it was back in full force. It's like it's good for a day or two, then the straining returns, just as it does when I breast feed. It's like it builds up and builds up until he can't take it anymore. I feel so bad for him.

So, now I'm thinking about what to do next. Last night was VERYYY rough for us with Rowan. He was straining and crying so badly and not much was working. Barium enema and X-ray is probably next. I just want him to get better soon.

http://babyisabellaclaire.shutterfly.com/#editPictures:albumId=12475
http://www.onetruemedia.com/otm_site/my_shared

No comments: