March 9 months old- Crawler and a Talker





Rowan is ALL over the place now! So crazy how FAST it happens. One minute you are cradling a newborn baby in your arms wishing the moment would last forever and then the next minute he's crawling. It's March 6 and he's a slower crawler so far. It's only been about 1.5 weeks since he started, so I'm going to asummeeee that his speed will pick up..lol. He likes to take some crawls and then scoot his boot high up in the air like he's going to do a head stand and then plop his butt into a sitting position. Pretty comical.

He's been very fussy and irritable these days. Sometimes I wonder if he's teething or if it's his stooling issue. Then, when he poops and he's no longer fussy, I know what my answer is. He still only has two teeth, so maybe some more teeth will be making their way through. Mommy can wait, trust me =-) I'm still nursing...lol.

The week of March 7, Rowan started to pull up on things and is trying to stand up. He'll lean on, say his little toy piano, with legs in full extension and then sit back down. He's also learned that peeking kneeling up in his crib is way more interesting than crawling around in it. We HAVE to lower the crib, but we just keep forgetting. Rowan also said MAMA!! Yep, I think it was March 9. SO cuteee!!

Rowan was on Little Tummy Stimulant Laxative for a little over a week and I took him off of it. He was just so irritable around that time, worse than he was before. One reaction from the medicine is stomach cramps, but how the heck am I supposed to know if my 9 month old has stomach cramps, on top of his fussiness from his stooling issue. Anyway, I think it has helped by him not being on it. He hasn't been as fussy as he was when he was on it. It was pretty tiring--it still is, but the irritability just kills you. You just don't know what to do and poor baby Rowan.

Mid March Rowan is kneeling up more often and trying to stand up/lean on everything. It really is amazing just how much a baby develops over the course of a month. He's going to be walking soon I can tell. He even stood alone with Kieran for a second or so. I was trying to teach him to walk by holding his hands and he loved it!

Soon, he'll be ten months and, with that, a year. Where has the time gone? Is it out there somewhere? I'd like to have some of it back, so I could enjoy my tiny newborn just a bit longer....

No comments: