ROWAN TURNED TEN MONTHS OLD Mar. 25, 2011






Rowan is TEN months already! I honestly am speechless and sad that my once little tiny baby is no longer. Didn't I just find out that I was pregnant with him? Didn't I just find out it was a "him"? Wasn't I just calling the doctor to let her know that something wasn't right? Didn't she just tell me that I'm in labor?! Like sand through the hour glass.....

Well, today Rowan waved bye-bye for the FIRST time and is trying to say it as well. He just gums the "B" sound. Crazy how fast that happened! I looked at him and he started waving, out of the blue! Ok, time to slow things down for Mommy. I'm on overload...lol.

As for other developments, Rowan is standing up now for a few seconds before he falls down. He's been doing it in the crib for the past week (today is April 4) and he did it at the YMCA's child care while I was taking a spinning class. He also likes to kneel on one knee and when he crawls, he likes to bend on leg as if he's going to try to stand. He's starting to cruise along things now too--crazy.

For the past couple of weeks, Kieran and I have decided to not feed him anymore in the middle of the morning to see if he could just sleep straight through and it has been working for the most part. We had three nights in a row where Rowan slept ten hours straight. ALthough the straining and fussiness continue cuz he needs to poop, I'll take the sleep at night so I can get through the day. Then, after those great nights of sleep, Rowan had another rough night. It's up and down. No rhyme or reason. I just hope this will soon be a distant memory of the past.

First week of April or so, Rowan started to "share" food with us. He's also waving bye bye more and more and trying to say the word too.

I also find it amazing just how much he tries to imitate us. For example, he'll hold a play phone to his ear like mommy or he'll take Isabella's headband and try to put it on his head.

No comments: