Rowan is cruising like it's his job and, well, Mommy is running all over the place like there's no tomorrow. lol. Rowan held up kieran's old phone to the TV as if to turn it on too! He's been standing up so well and has been getting better and better every day.
Rowan tries to say Bella and hi and loves to give hugs! He says mama and dada too. He also tries to do the "mas/more" sign. It's amazing how much a baby can change in such a short time. He also just started to transition, while standing, from one object to another. Ok, we need to slowww things down a bit...lol.
Rowan also took his FIRST EIGHT steps on May 7, the day before Mother's Day. We were at a friend's house and I saw him stand up, which he has been doing. Then, he took a step, then another, I ran over to him in disbelief wishing I had my CAMERA (!), and he took 6 MORE! I was stunned and cheering and counting a loud. Crazy!! Kieran missed it by a hair!!! However, he did get to see him take a few more steps after that incident. Where did my little tiny baby go...?! lol. This is where the fun begins......
Finally, on a sadder note, i decided that it was time to stop breast feeding Rowan at the beginning of May. I started to give Rowan Similac Alimentum exclusively at the beginning of April or so and was pumping in the meantime. I wanted to see if he would be better on this than on breast milk.
At that point I thought I wasn't going to go back to it, so I just pumped twice a day, but I was feeding Rowan 4xs a day...so my milk supply started to go down. Then I thought I would go back and wanted to keep what I had, but I was hardly getting anything. It was just a sign that I had to let go of my expectations to breastfeed him for a longer period. I didn't know how many formulas I was going to try or how long it would take for me to figure out if Rowan was having problems digesting my breast milk. Anyways, it was time, it was sad, but I had to do it.
As for Bella, she's growing like a weed! She's like a little adult when she's talking and her memory is amazing! I'm speaking to her more in Spanish and it's amazing how much she understands. The other day, Daddy took Bella for her first ride in the Jeep Wrangler and they went for ice cream!! She had a blast and looked so cute!
Bella just lovessss to read books and will put herself in quiet time and just sit in there and read. Her favorite thing now is to play the "Memory" games with Daddy just before bed. Once again, her memory is amazing.
She loves to help me around the house, especially with Rowan. She'll entertain him in his crib, give him a bottle or read to him. So cute!! One night Rowan woke up middle of the morning and Bella comes in the nursery and says, "Mama, give him pacifier." lol.
We'll be having a big 1st bday party for Rowan soon! It's so crazy to think he'll be one. It's funny how it could seem like it was just yesterday when I called Kieran and told him it's "go time!" lol. It's also sad to think that it was almost one year ago. I wish Time would go into hibernation so I could enjoy each moment a little more. That's why I love to stay-at-home--"I" get to enjoy those moments everyday and love it =-)
No comments:
Post a Comment