15 months old-16 months old...September 2011







VIDEOS OF BELLA RIDING A HORSE AND ROWAN PLAYING WITH A TIN PAN!!






Hey everyone! Well, it's been a while since I updated The Colorado Lasater Family Blog, so here goes...

Here is a link to our recent family videos:
http://www.onetruemedia.com/my_shared?z=2244fe46b96bf75979d167&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Here is a link to our recent family picture albums:
http://babyisabellaclaire.shutterfly.com/

So, Rowan just turned 16 months old on Sept. 25 and he's now RUNNING! Yep, just as of Sept. 21, he's starting to run and laughing while he's doing it! It really is cute! Besides running, he's also dancing. When I say, "Shake your bootie.." he shakes his head from side to side/moves his body or he twirls around in a circle while smiling. I need to get it on video!! So cute!

Bella had her first horseback riding adventure with our friend, Eric, and loved it. Video is above, along with one of Rowan having fun with a tin pan and crayons! lol.

Rowan's getting two more bottom teeth in the middle and a top ride side molar! Doesn't seem to be bothering him that much, although sometimes he puts his hands in his mouth and whines. He's a fighter though.

Rowan is saying, "Bye Bye" now a lot and, "Hi" as well. He's also saying, "Please" as he rubs his tummy (sigh language). Just the last couple of days, he's trying to say, "Thank You", but had been doing just the sign language for it. Now, at the very end of September, he tries to say, "Thank You!" lol. I tried to get him to sign mommy and daddy, but he's not interested in those words..lol. He also says, "Rock" and "Book", among a few others.

As of the middle of Sept., we started to go Gluten Free with Rowan, in addition to Dairy Free. I'm also staying away from soy products as best as I can. So, for example, he'll have eggs (lovesss eggs!!!), bacon, lots of fruit and veggies, oatmeal, fish, rice, quinoa, shrimp, pasta (dairy free gluten free), special bread/bagel with 100% fruit spread, etc. I have special cereal bars for him too for a snack. He can have what we eat as long as it doesn't contain gluten and dairy, like sloppy joes that I prepare myself. It's not as bad as I thought it would be thankfully. I try to stay away from processed foods anyway, so I'm used to preparing meals from scratch.

On this new diet, Rowan's been having more stools during the day and, well, let's just say they look normal now (they used to be all watery all the time). He still has his nights where he gets up crying, but its not as bad as it was when he was an infant. I'll have a good week in regard to sleep with him and then the next week, he's up off and on in the middle of the night. I'm sure it's going to take time to see if this gluten free diet is the problem solver, so we'll wait and see what happens. He's just not 100% better at 16 months old and, so, I need to try some other things to see it if helps his stooling problem.

I'm also starting to be consistent with speaking in Spanish to Bella and Rowan. Sometimes it's easy to forget, since it's not my first language, but I'm getting better little by little. Bella loves speaking Spanish too, so I better take advantage now while I can.

Bella, recently, wants to paint, paint, and paint more. She's so good too. My little Picasso! lol. She also loves to color and stays in the lines so well. It's quite amazing for a 4 year old. I'm going to look into getting her into a kid art class soon.

The kids had their well visits a few weeks ago and Rowan was 21# and Bella was 33#. Growing like weeds I'd say! Rowan is still small for his age, but so was Bella and look at her now.

I decided that I'll be taking an advanced conversation Spanish class in October and can't wait. I'm also going to be attending a 3 day training for a Body Pump class that I will be teaching soon thereafter at the YMCA. So excited!!

Our brother-in-law, Goran (Kieran's sister's (Keyne) husband) came for a very brief, but nice, visit. He was helping our friend, Brenda, move to AZ and they both stayed overnight at our place. It was great to see Goran again. It had been awhile =-) We will see him again, as well as the rest of the Lasater clan, in December for Christmas in AZ. We can't wait to see everyone!

Well, we are all doing well here and are looking forward to the cooler weather, which has already made its appearance. Ever since the beginning of the month, the 70 and 80 degree weather has been taking over and we are loving it!! Gorgeous to say the least!

No comments: