I'm doing well; a bit sleep-deprived but I guess that comes with the territory...haha. I think I slept 3 hours last night! She was fussy and maybe hit a growth spurt b/c she wants to nurse every two hours sometimes. My boobs can't handle it. They get sooooo sore to the point I want to cry. That's how it was up until last Saturday when we had her doctor's appointment. The doc told me to try to nurse for only 10-15 minutes and every three hours. I'm trying to do the every three hours or close to it, but when she's hungry, she's hungry. They say at this age to feed the baby when it's hungry no matter how long it's been between feedings. I have to supplement with formula sometimes b/c my boobs are too sore to nurse, but it's all good. They aren't as painfully sore as they had been thankfully. Kieran is doing well and enjoying fatherhood. He's offered to do a feeding in the middle of the night so I can get more sleep, but I told him I can do it. I said maybe this weekend. He'd have a hard time functioning at work if he did it during the week. At least I have opportunities to nap during the day, whereas he doesn't.
Kieran's mom is here until Saturday and then we are on our own! EEK..haha. She's been a big help, doing laundry, vacuuming, doing dishes..etc.
Isabella is so cute and all the sleepless nights are worth it in the end. We have a bunch of pics to upload online, so I'll let you know when I have them ready.
We are enjoying our little girl everyday and Kieran leaves work a bit earlier now so he can get home to spend time with us. He's so good with her. It's so cute to see them interact with one another.
Well, tell everyone hola. I'm going to try to nap now, so I'll chat more later =-) Thanks for writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment